- Surendra Prasad Yadav (IFoS) appointed as Govt Nominee Director on the board of BEML
- Yadav, a 1996 batch Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officer of the West Bengal cadre is currently serving as Joint Secretary (Naval System) in the Department of Defence Production
New Delhi: The Government has appointed Surendra Prasad Yadav (IFoS) as Government Nominee Director on the Board of BEML Limited, a Miniratna PSU under the Ministry of Defence. He has been appointed on the board of BEML Limited with effect from November 8, 2021, in place of Puneet Agarwal. This information has been shared by the Defence PSU in a regulatory filing to the stock exchanges on Tuesday.
Surendra Prasad Yadav is a qualified B Tech and M Tech and a 1996 batch Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officer of the West Bengal cadre. He is currently serving as Joint Secretary (Naval System) in Department of Defence Production under the Ministry of Defence. He has previously worked in the Department of Forest, Government of West Bengal, in different capacities i.e. Divisional Forest Officer and Chief Conservator of Forest. He also worked as Executive Director in West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation Limited for more than seven years.
BEML Limited, formerly known as Bharat Earth Movers Limited is a Miniratna Defence PSU. It was established in May 1964 for the manufacture of Rail Coaches & Spare Parts and Mining Equipment at its Bangalore Complex. The company has partially disinvested and presently the government owns 54 percent of total equity and the rest 46 percent is held by the public, financial institutions, Foreign Institutional Investors, Banks and BEML Employees. BEML plays a pivotal role in serving India’s core sectors like defence, rail, power, mining and infrastructure.
(PSU Watch– India's Business News centre that places the spotlight on PSUs, Bureaucracy, Defence and Public Policy is now on Google News. Click here to follow. Also, join PSU Watch Channel in your Telegram. You may also follow us on Twitter here and stay updated.)